As part of our Story of Wales series, we will be posting a weekly quiz every Friday over the coming weeks.
We will be challenging you with 10 questions. All the questions will have a Welsh flavour, and they’ll cover everything from Welsh history, to literature, music, geography and much more.
(By the way, the answers are at the bottom – no cheating!)
1. Humphrey Llwyd is celebrated as the author of the first map of Wales to be published, but who published it?
2. Who built the Menai Bridge between the mainland and Anglesey?
3. Which lake is the largest natural lake in Wales?
4. Kyffin Williams’ last work was a portrait of what?
5. Name the 4 branches of the Mabinogi
6. Which manuscript contains the earliest copy of the legends of the Mabinogion?
7. Some believe that this is the Holy Grail, but what is the famous cup called?
8. Where was the famous pirate Bartholomew Roberts (Barti Ddu) born?
9. Can you name the First Ministers / First Secretaries of Wales since 1999?
10. Who wrote the collection of short stories ‘Te yn y Grug’?
- Abraham Ortelius
- Thomas Telford
- Lake Tegid
- A sunset
- Pwyll Pendefig Dyfed, Branwen Ferch Llŷr, Manawydan Fab Llŷr, Math Fab Mathonwy
- Llyfr Gwyn Rhydderch (The White Book of Rhydderch)
- The Nanteos Cup
- Casnewydd Bach (Pembrokeshire)
- Alun Michael, Rhodri Morgan, Carwyn Jones a Mark Drakeford
- Kate Roberts
This post is also available in: Welsh